Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Spelling

This summer, T. has become especially interested in the way words are spelled. I get asked several times a day to spell words for him. Being the preschool teacher I am, I take full advantage of this and sound out the words for him to give me the letter name.
That being said, last week, T. and I were having a conversation, and he asked me to spell "bottom". I sounded it out and he gave me the letter names. Next, he asked me to spell "penis". Trying not to laugh, I sounded out the word and gave me the letter names. Once we spelled penis, I asked him if he should ask his teacher to spell these words for him when school starts up again. He responded with: "Oh no Mommy. We don't talk about bottoms, penis', poop, or pee at school."
Great, as long as we've got that clear.

No comments: