Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Little Girl

My darlin daughter is now a sassy two year old. Then again, she was always sassy, now she's verbally sassy!
She got in trouble at school 2 weeks ago and was brought to me for a talking to. She had thrown a toy at a friend and wouldn't apologize. Now I don't believe in making a barely 2 year old say "Sorry", however, I do think she should be a little remorseful and at least try to make it up to the other child with a hug or such.
When I was speaking to her, I said in my most menacing mommy voice, "V. look at me."
Do you know what that little stinker did? She lift her chin up and kept her eyes squeezed shut! I tried again, "V. look at me!" I got the same response. I gave her a whack on her rump and brought her to the child she hurt and told her friend to tell V. "No!" The look of joy on this little girl's face when I told her to tell V. no was priceless.
I tend to feel sorry for my little bit. Other kids don't get in trouble until the afternoon when they get picked up. Both of my kids get in trouble on the spot. I guess that's what happens when your mother works in your school!
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.... that little girl is going to give me a run for my money.

No comments: