Friday, January 30, 2009

Oops!

I've been meaning to write this down for well over a month now. One late afternoon, as Mike and I were attempting to get the kids in coats and out the door, we were gently ribbing each other. At this point I have NO idea what brought me to say this under my breath to Mike, but I mutter to him "Yeah, Butt Pirates."
Guess who heard me? You got it! T! He then started yelling, "Yeah Daddy! Let's be Butt Pirates! Let's hide in the closet and be Butt Pirates!"
I was laughing so hard I about peed myself. Mike didn't find this so amusing. Especially after I went outside and came back in and low and behold, they were in the closet. Mike came out and said with his all too patronizing tone: "Look Mommy, we're in the closet just like T. wanted and we're Butt Pirates."

I wonder how much therapy my kids are going to need?

3 comments:

makin said...

That is a fantastic story!

Kristi said...

If you find a good therapist, let me know...I may have to let Miss N. join the group! Ha. Love the story!

Marisa said...

I haven't laughed this hard in so long. Thanks for sharing that! LOL!!